Last updated: March 1, 2019
1. Information Collection
Information You Provide to Us
To utilize the App, you are required to provide us your email address; We may ask for your location, so that we may easily directly you to the nearest participating location; We will track your purchases for participation in the rewards program; and at your request, you can use your credit card to effectuate Gift Card transactions (collectively, the “Information”). In general, we compile the information you give us about yourself into a profile, which we may use for purposes such as making offers of interest directed to you. We collect information about how often use our App and, if available, where you are when you do so, as well as the frequency of your purchases. Your purchases allow us to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information which enables us to provide you with more relevant promotions and improve our business.
Third Party Service Providers. The App uses third party service providers to support the App and to transact business with your credit card (our “Third Party Service Providers”). These Third Party Service Providers include: Punchh, Inc. (“Punchh”) which provides the platform for the App and administers the App; and WorldPay US, Inc., which provides the platform for and permits credit card transactions to purchase or re-load Honey Dew Donuts® gift cards. From time to time, other Third Party Service Providers may be utilized. Your use of the App constitutes a license, permission and consent for such Third Party Service Providers to have access to and use any information received from you but solely in connection with performing services in connection with the App. You should contact these Third Party Service Providers directly for a copy of their own privacy policies applicable to the information they collect directly from you.
We also use third-party agents, consultants, affinity program participants, and contractors to perform business functions or to provide business, professional or technical support functions, including customer service, data analysis, credit review, gift card servicing, account servicing, payment processing, customer research, marketing, IT services, that participate in or administer any promotions, and records maintenance. We give these entities access to our customers’ personal information to perform these functions for us. We DO NOT authorize them to use customers’ personal information other than in performing services in connection with the App. However, such third parties may maintain and utilize non-personal information in any lawful manner.
All of the services provided in your utilizing the App are, collectively, referred to herein as the “HDA Services”.
Information Collected by Other Third Parties
The App links to branded pages on third party platforms, such as social networking services . We do not own, operate or control such platforms and their information practices may be different than ours. We are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should independently assess the authenticity of any site to which you are directed, (including those linked to through an email or social networking page). We are not responsible for the privacy or data collection policies or practices of the services from which you access our services, of services we link to, or of any services that are linked to our services. You should consult the other sites’ privacy policies. We have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. If you log into such through the App, you give us and our Third Party Service Providers permission to access certain information about you from such social networking sites, such as your User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
Other Information Obtained
We and our Third Party Service Providers may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide the HDA Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across devices you may use. This information may include data about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots). We and our Third Party Service Providers collect information from and about the web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products. For example, we may use information collected about your use of our App to improve personalization of content (including promotions). Some of these Third Party Service Providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or other
Device Information. We and our Third Party Service Providers may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the mobile device (the “Devices”) you use to access the App, including, without limitation, the hardware model, the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, mobile device manufacturer, mobile carrier and network information, phone number, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, activations, content, products you purchase, services you access, the page served, and the preceding page views or websites visited, any mobile device activity and configurations, and email contacts.
Geolocation Information. We and our Third Party Service Providers may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use the HDA Services. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information, which may include information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and cell towers.
Cookies and Web Beacons- Explanation. Web beacons, also known as “clear.gifs” are small transparent pieces of code placed on web pages to track how visitors arrive at a website and what they do there. We do not use web beacons. Our third party providers which maintain and operate the App and which handle credit card transactions may use web beacons to track customers’ use of the App to compile sales and statistical data, such as counting the users who use the App or to deliver a promotion. This information assists them in marketing and managing our App and enhancing your experience.
Your Browser Settings. Most browsers offer built-in tools to help you manage, decline, control, or delete cookies, including cookies used for advertising. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies. If you do, you may not be able to use certain features or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. We endeavor to comply with any “do not track” features to the extent we are aware of them. Technologically, our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
Web Server Logs. Web server logs are activity records created by your device so that your request to access a webpage is sent to your browser. This log may record search terms or a clicked link and may also record information about your browser, such as IP address and the cookies thereon.
2. How We Use the Information Collected
- For Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- manage your account and registration, including those services and features to which you choose to participate;
- troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities;
- provide you with access to certain features of the App;
- to send you related information, coupons, products or samples and to administer your individual account;
- to meet legal requirements;
- to provide internet security;
- verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to the App;
- to use and disclose your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information, but only to process payments and prevent fraud;
- contact or respond to you with regard to your use of the App and, in our discretion, changes to any HDA policy;
- develop new Products and to enhance current Products;
- protect the security or integrity of the App and our business, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam, and maintain the integrity of our App by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
- For Advertising, Customization and Analytics Purposes, such as to:
- perform market research, compile statistical, compile user proﬁle data, perform research using the compiled data (including disclosure of user information to research ﬁrms we retain) to understand and improve the App and HDA’s Products;
- personalize and improve the HDA Products, offers and advertising made available on or outside the App (including on other sites/ applications that you visit). For example, we may provide personalized or localized content;
- provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by HDA or on behalf of our partners, franchisees and affiliates;
- to provide you with better service;
- communicate with you consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
3. Sharing Of Information
Sharing of Information by You
We are not responsible for any information you provide to third parties.
Sharing of Information by Us
We may share the information collected from or about you in the following ways:
Personal information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
Business Transfers. In the event that another entity acquires us or all or some of our assets, or merges with us, your information may be transferred as part of such transactions. If any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information. We do not share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
In all cases, information may be shared globally in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States for the purposes as described in this policy.
4. Your Choices And Opt-Out
Third Party Sites
To learn more about such interest-based advertising, please review the information below:
- To opt-out of such collection and use for online behavioral advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies in the United States, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/; DAA AppChoices
- http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices/. To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by NAI member companies, visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- For more information on cross-device tracking and to unlink your devices, visit: https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com.
- To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please visit: https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
6. Access And Updates To Your Information
- Delete the App from your device and
- Contact us by mail at Honey Dew Associates, Inc., Attention: Rewards Program; 2 Taunton Street, Plainville, MA 02762.
7. Security Of Your Information
8. Changes & Other HDA Privacy Policies
If you do not agree or consent to any updates or changes, do not continue to use the HDA Services.
9. Contact Us
Honey Dew Associates, Inc., Attention: Rewards Program;
2 Taunton Street
Plainville, MA 02762.
You may also have the right to complain to a governmental or regulatory body about our privacy practices.